Let’s leave behind big hotels, crowded breakfast times, the dinner bustle and more. We’re big fans of luxury, in case you couldn’t tell 😉 , but luxury doesn’t always have to be big names, branded hotels and huge properties! Luxury can be simple, cared for, unique, experiential and a little unknown.
Here are some of the finest places to stay in the hills where we can’t wait to head back to. From boutique properties to little airbnbs, this list has got you covered for mini vacations as well as long term staycations.
- Elgin Hall, Dalhousie– With just 7 rooms, Elgin Hall boasts of beautifully designed rooms complete with a tea room for your afternoon tea and reading sessions. While there isn’t room service and meal hours are fixed, the charm of this place more than makes up for that.
- Jilling Terraces, Nainital – Set amidst 100 sprawling acres in the mountains, Jilling Terraces has only 6 rooms each with it’s own sit out. There is ample place for long walks, exploring the flora and fauna and recharging. Open for long rentals, take your laptop and work from the hills! You can’t drive up to the property and it’s a bit of a hike up from the road but one that’s well worth it.
- The WoodHouse Farm, Mukteshwar – With just 3 rooms, The Woodhouse is where you come to get away from it all. Built out of wood and glass, you get gorgeous views from your bed and perfect spots for your morning coffee or tea.
- The Kumaon, Binsar – There is little that can be said about Kumaon and that’s because it’s a place you need to experience for yourself. Nestled in the middle of undulating hills, gorgeous views greet you every morning from their floor to ceiling glass walls. The food is authentic, simple and everything from kumaoni to international. Step back and recharge at the spa or take long walks and explore the area.
- The Claridges Nabha Residence, Mussoorie – This one is perfect for a getaway that’s both quiet and convenient! All hotel-like luxuries clubbed with the secluded feel. The hotel has only 22 well appointed rooms and is nestled amidst silver oak and deodar trees.
- Taara House, Manali– Wooden cottage in Old Manali with views, a all glass room, quintessential british decor and more – Taara House is perfect for short breaks, long stays, winters or summers. No matter what the time or the reason, it’s a good decision to head here. Book in time, coz this one is sold out often!
- Mary Budden Estate, Binsar – Named after a British Lady who lived here, the estate houses 2 lodges with 3 rooms each. All beautifully decorated, airy and with great views of the estate. Enjoy curated lunches in the garden or go for a walk on one of their trails.
- The Mirage, Andretta– Situated in the Dhauladhar range, The Mirage houses cottages are an all time favourite for groups, artists, yogis and more. It’s the perfect oasis in the mountains where you always feel right at home, even if it’s your first time here. Pick from a room in the main house or one of the cottages for additional privacy, you can’t go wrong.
Are you team hotels or team homestays/boutique hotels? Tell us in comments and share this with a friend who you can’t wait to travel here with!
All images used are from official websites or google. Please reach out to us for credits, we’ll be happy to share.